Bracing High and Safely
Triplex Heavy-duty braces break the 20 m (65 ft) barrier
Data & Facts
- New firefighter school in Würzburg, Germany
- Bavarian State Building Authority, Würzburg
- Riedel Bau GmbH & Co. KG., Schweinfurt, Germany
- MEVA System
- Heavy-duty braces Triplex
- Formwork engineering
- MEVA Formwork Systems, Stuttgart branch
Triplex is a statically effective brace
A new hall is being built for Bavaria’s Firefighting School to meet modern demands in firefighter training – including a 70 x 40 x 30 m (230 x 130 x 98 ft) training hall, a fire simulation facility and a new vehicle hall.
Before the slabs and side walls are completed, the 21 m high walls need to be braced immediately after the pour and safeguarded against high wind loads. This is where the heavy-duty braces Triplex come in.
Triplex is a statically effective brace for formwork higher than 6 m. It does the same on finished wall slabs. Its lengths are flexibly combined to the height required, in this case to beyond 20 m (65 ft).