Imperial – heavy-duty formwork
Designed for lateral concrete pressure of up to 2,025 psf and offering panel sizes up to 12’ high and 8’ wide, Imperial wall formwork is ideal for tall and thick walls.
- Panel size
- Up to 96 square feet contact area per panel (12’ x 8’)
- With only one panel high, walls can be formed up to 12’ tall
- Admissible concrete pressure of 2,025 psf
- Ideal for industrial, civil, commercial, and large mixed use
and multi-family projects
- Closed hollow steel frame profile construction
- High strength, structural integrity
- Galvanized to reduce concrete adhesion; making stripping and cleaning easier
- Smart multi-function profile
- Welded-in Dywidag threaded nuts for accessory attachment
- All accessories such as brackets, push-pull props, and alignment rails are attached with MEVA flange screw to the multi-function profile
- Tying for inclined or battered walls
- Conical shaped tie holes allow for skewed ties when forming battered walls
- Compatible with all supplementary MEVA formwork systems
For every requirement
Economical use: All panels can be combined vertically and horizontally
Imperial panels are available in 4 heights and 8 widths. The panels are symmetrical and can be used – and ganged – vertically and horizontally, making it possible to pour any wall geometry. Areas needing fillers are kept to a minimum,
saving labor and time. 4’ wide multi-purpose panels with tie holes available every 2 inches, are available in all panel heights.
|Panel width [Feet and inches]||MPP||PP||Corner Panels||Fillers|
MPP Multi-purpose panel PP Pilaster panel IC Inside corner OC Outside corner
AIC Articulated inside corner AOC Articulated outside corner SC Stripping corner FS Filler strip
Panels, Corners, and Accessories
Imperial panels come with a full range of corner options to meet the needs of any project. 90° inside and outside corners are used for standard corner forming. Articulated corners (above) are adjustable between 60° and 180° with a locking device for repeated angles. Stripping corners for stair and elevator core forming (left) collapse into a smaller angle for stripping and movement without disassembly. There are also special corner options for forming columns (see panels overview above).
Imperial – A wall of innovations
Features that save labor, time, and money
MEVA systems are best-in-class because of their high-quality design and construction, accessories, and panel details that allow for efficient concrete forming. With standardized system components, and accessories that have been tailored to meet the needs of our customers for ease and efficiency, Imperial combines all the features that make MEVA systems the best solution for a wide variety of job site applications.
Features of the Imperial vertical formwork panels include:
- Several multi-function profiles on tie position allows for pre-attaching accessories in a gang-form application
- All accessories are attached to the welded-in Dywidag threads on the multi-function profile
- Walkway brackets equipped with a pin that locks in the safe position
- Multi-function profile
- Made from closed hollow steel profiles with welded-in DW 15 nuts for rapid, consistent connection of accessories
- Tie hole
- With conical tie sleeve, welded in from both sides
- Closed hollow profile
- For high stability and a long service life
- Transport hole
- Designed for use with the lifting hook 60 for efficient loading/unloading of panels when stacked
- Bump notch
- Fitted at four corners for 4’ and 8’ wide panels to make adjustment and alignment with a crow bar easier
- Hot-dip galvanized frame
- Surface finish reduces concrete adhesion for easier stripping, cleaning, and rust prevention
Single component for strong connection of all accessories – easily installed by hand
The M-assembly lock can be placed at any position along the frame using only one hand. A few hammer blows will achieve a strong, level, five-point panel connection.
Tie rod fixture
Attaches to multi-function profile – for quick and efficient tie rod storage on the job site.
Walkway brackets are securely attached to the multi-purpose panel by simple attaching at the keyhole and turning 45°.
Worker safety is always the first priority for MEVA. All Imperial panels are equipped with tie-off bars that allow for safe working on the formwork.
alkus all-plastic facing
No water absorption, resistant to swelling and shrinkage. Creates a high-quality concrete finish.
Heavy-duty Formwork for any Job
Flexible for many applications
Imperial is easy to set up and allows for pouring up to 40 ft.
depending on environmental conditions. The large selection of panel sizes that can be combined vertically or horizontally, with assembly locks that can be attached anywhere on the frame, allow walls of any size or geometry to be formed with ease. No matter if it is vertically or horizontally offset, on sloping ground, single-sided and backed by STB support frames, or placed on KLK or MGC climbing platforms to pour cores; Imperial is up to every concrete construction challenge.
Fillers that are 1”, 2” or 3” wide can be formed using single Imperial aluminum fillers without additional steel rails. Fillers wider than 3” can be formed using lumber and steel rails. Uni-assembly locks are used to connect the adjacent panels with the filler in between - up to 6” wide.
Bulk heads can be formed using either bulkhead brackets or steel rails/walers with column clamps and ties.
Bulk head brackets
Ideal for fair-faced concrete
True Architectural Quality – Top results
The symmetrical alignment of tie holes and joints ensures an even joint and tie hole pattern on the concrete surface. This is ideal for projects with high demands on the exposed concrete finish. The all-plastic facing alkus, standard in all Imperial panels, delivers a smooth, clean, consistent, and even concrete finish from the first pour to the last.